Friday, July 17, 2015

Zucchini and Apple Cake


Recently, hankering after a way to use up two zucchinis in my fridge, I found a recipe for Zucchini and Apple Cake in Love, Bake, Nourish by Amber Rose.  Problem solved!  The recipe has also been published online here.

This is the resulting cake before it was iced:


I like the flecks of green from the zucchinis.

Here is a slice of the cake:



I found the cake a little dry and was very glad of the icing.  However, that was just my opinion and someone told me the cake was lovely.

If you like to get some of your 5 a day in baked goods, this could be the cake for you.

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh what a shame that it was a bit dry. Usually vegetable cakes have a really nice, moist texture. I really thought it was the model Amber Rose for a second!

Johanna GGG said...

interesting you found it a bit dry as cakes with veg and fruit are usually quite moist - but nothing that some icing can't fix - sounds great

Kari said...

I love zucchini cake :) It's a shame it was dry (like the other, I always associate it with moist baking) but the icing looks like a perfect fix.

Kayte said...

I'm making this. I have a place to take a cake this week so I am taking this as I have zucchini and apples aplenty! :-) Looks so good.

2paw said...

I saw a parsnip cake in the Coles magazine today. I think I might give that a whirl. Isn't it funny how vegetables are making their way into cakes so much more this year. After Masterchef I am waiting for a dill or fennel cake!!! Your cake looks so nie, I like the flecks.