Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WWDH - Spinach and Ricotta Pies


For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week,  Chaya chose Spinach and Ricotta Pies from New Food Fast.  These are super simple - fill puff pastry with a spinach and ricotta mixture, bake and voila - you have spinach and ricotta pies:


Although it doesn't say to do so in the recipe, I brushed the top of my pies with an egg wash to ensure that they would come out golden.  It also helps to seal the pastry.  In addition, I  pressed the tines of a fork around the edges of the pies to help seal the pastry as I don't trust just pressing the edges together by hand.

I took these pies to work with stir fried veges, and they were tasty.

To see what the others thought of these pies, visit the LYL section of the WWDH website.

7 comments:

Chaya said...

They look like mine and you brushed the top and used a fork around the edges as I did. I am giggling how we have great minds.

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Gaye, love how delicious your Spinach and Ricotta Pies look like - they remind me a bit of the ones we made with peas and cheese for the Cottage Cooking Club - these are just the best kinds of recipes and spinach and ricotta are just a wonderful combination, dear friend!
Andrea

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

These look simple but comforting and delicious at the same time! :D

Johanna GGG said...

Mmmmm pastry makes greens taste so much better

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

These pies look magnificent! So easy, too. Bill and Katie would actually both love them---so will add to my want to make list :)

Kayte said...

Oh we loved these, they were delicious and so easy to put together, I had dinner start to finish including a salad on the table in less than 30 minutes. The puff pastry is so easy to work with (unlike phyllo dough from spanakopita) and I thought I would miss the feta by using ricotta instead but I didn't, the ricotta was good. Yours look beautiful. Yep, I did the brushing and the forking as well...after baking this many years, we have all learned a lot, no? Yes! :-)

2paw said...

I want one of these right now, they look so delicious!!