Monday, July 27, 2015

Neil Perry's whole roasted cauliflower with lemon and mustard



Have you ever been stuck for ideas as to what to do with a cauliflower?  A new idea that I discovered is Neil Perry's whole roasted cauliflower with lemon and mustard.  You can find the recipe online here.

This dish might not look pretty - in fact, it resembles how I imagine IT from A Wrinkle in Time would look - but it sure tastes good.  The lemon, mustard and capers give a sharp and salty zing to the roasted cauliflower, which is crispy outside and soft in the middle.

This is definitely my new favourite way to use cauliflower, and I recommend it as a perfect winter warmer dish.

5 comments:

Mae Travels said...

My favorite cauliflower recipe is the Indian Aloo Gobi: cauliflower and potatoes and tomatoes with wonderful spices. I'm sure you haven't missed this but just in case, recipe here:
http://maefood.blogspot.com/2013/06/aloo-gobi-for-louises-picnic-game.html

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love all of this cauliflower love! You see it at so many places and it's so tasty and yet good for you too! :D

Kari said...

I think it has a beauty all of its own :-) I have seen this idea about but never tried it. Yours looks delicious.

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Fabulous recipe for cauliflower and very attractive looking too, dear Gaye!

2paw said...

Yes, I roasted a whole cauliflower for a teenage vegetarian at Christmas dinner a few years ago. It is surprisingly festive!! I think yours sounds a lot more exciting though!!