Friday, July 10, 2015

Donna Hay's upside down pear and maple muffins



Happy Friday!

I realise that it is summer where some of you are, but in Australia, it is mid-winter, and we are promised a drop in temperatures over the weekend when an Antarctic blast comes through.

It is the perfect weather for something warm and sweet and comforting with your tea - and these upside down pear and maple muffins from Donna Hay do the trick nicely.  I found the recipe in the June-July 2015 edition of Donna Hay Magazine, but the recipe is also online at Donna's website here.

Instead of 6 Texas muffin pans, I made my muffins in 12 ordinary-sized muffin pans.  I was a bit worried that they would not come out of the tin easily, but it wasn't a problem at all - just make sure you grease them well.

These muffins are just the right degree of sweet, and the maple syrup on the pears tends to soak into the muffin layer so you don't lose that sweet goodness.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Kayte said...

These look great...I will make these soon as Mark eats muffins for breakfast five days a week and I'm always looking for new muffin recipes. They look so delicious and pretty, too. Thanks!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe it's so funny when we read about ice creams on Northern Hemisphere blogs and we are freezing cold. But this will help keep us warm with a cup of tea :D

Johanna GGG said...

These look really love little sweet bites for chilly weather - and this weekend is a cold one!

Kari said...

Yum! I'd take these in summer too :D