Tuesday, November 2, 2021

TWD - Cocoa Almond Thumbprints


 Today’s second Tuesday with Dorie recipe (because I am apparently a week ahead with Baking with Dorie) is Cocoa Almond Thumbprints.

These biscuits are compromised solely if ground almonds, coconut, sugar and eggwhite. They are meant to be filled with ganache, but I just baked in a chocolate chip instead.

These biscuits are rather messy and crumbly before baking, and you have to be a bit gentle at that stage to stop them from disintegrating. However, they bake up quite firmly, and are quite healthy with only fat from the coconut and almonds.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought if it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.



11 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

You worked fast! These were SO great weren't they?

ostwestwind said...

They look great, I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of filled thumbrpints.

Diane Zwang said...

I like your chocolate chip idea. These were easy and delicious.

Karen said...

Looks great! They were pretty crumbly but turned out great!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

I think I'll like these...one of my favorite flavor combos!

Cakelaw said...

They were good and easy to whip up.

Cakelaw said...

Hi Ulrike, I would probably prefer jam in them!

Cakelaw said...

Hi Diane, yes, easy and delicious are right up my alley.

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Karen. I agree - shaping the crumbly dough was the hardest part.

Cakelaw said...

Yes Steph, they are delicious.

Ei said...

Smart thinking with the chocolate chip!