Tuesday, November 23, 2021

TWD - Apple Pandowdy


This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Apple Pandowdy.

This dessert comprises sliced apples topped with pastry. I went off piste and used filo pastry, because it was supposed to use up pastry scraps, so I wasn’t going to make pastry.


My Pandowdy might look dowdy, but it tasted good - in the tradition of apple pie, you can’t go wrong with apples and pastry.

To see what everyone else made this week, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.


13 comments:

Peggy said...

I think the pastry sounds good on this! Yummy with the ice cream!

Peggy said...

I think the pastry sounds good on this! Yummy with the ice cream!

Ulrike said...

I liked it, what could possibly go wrong with apples and pastry

Peggy said...

I thought I left a comment earlier. At any rate I think your crust looks great! We really enjoyed this one!

Peggy said...

I thought I left a comment earlier. At any rate I think your crust looks great! We really enjoyed this one!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

This definitely didn't lend itself to pretty but it was tasty!

Cakelaw said...

Hi Peggy, thanks! It was very crispy.

Cakelaw said...

Agreed Ulrike!

Cakelaw said...

Hi Peggy, sorry, you did. I have enabled comment moderation because as soon as I take it off, the spammers have a field day.

Cakelaw said...

LOL, so true.

Mardi Michels said...

BRILLIANT!!! Looks delish!

Diane Zwang said...

You can't go wrong with ice cream either. Good use of your leftovers.

TeaLady said...

Looks perfectly delicious. Especially with the ice cream on top!