Saturday, July 18, 2015

WIAFK (CB) - Andrew Carmellini’s Bow Tie Pasta with Tomato, Arugula, and Mozzarella



Today's Weekend in a French Kitchen (Cafe Boulud) feautures Andrew Carmellini’s Bow Tie Pasta with Tomato, Arugula, and Mozzarella.

This dish took longer  to prepare than you might think because we had to peel, deseed, chop and reduce six tomatoes, and infuse some oil for 15 minutes.  However, the end result was subtly flavoured and delicious - I liked it a lot.

I think the extra cherry tomatoes on top and rocket are not totally necessary, but they do add texture. What I loved is that when I reheated the leftovers, the mozarella on top melted into an ooey, gooey sauce - yum.

To see what the other members of our group thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the Weekend in a French Kichen website.

8 comments:

Pam said...

It sounds delicious, Gaye, even if it is a little time consuming. It's a little different and I want to give it a try. Thanks for the recipe!

Cindy said...

Such a beautiful dish! It did take awhile to prepare, but I just loved the fresh summer flavors.

Tammy said...

Well ... peeling, reseeding, chopping ... those didn't happen with our dish! :) And it was still delicious. :)

Beth said...

It sounds like a bit of work, but the result is wonderful!

Johanna GGG said...

looks great but sounds a bit fussy to do it regularly

Joan said...

Nice photos. I too enjoyed this dish.

Kayte said...

Yours looks beautiful. My favorite things were that infused oil, so delicious, and the sweet burst of tomato with those peeled baby cherry tomatoes, oh those were so good! I am going to be using those a lot this summer, I love that sweet burst of flavor without the tomato skin cutting into the flavor with that bitter bite it always has. YUM.

2paw said...

But it is worth it if it tastes so good!!