Friday, July 24, 2015

Adam Liaw's Roasted Chicken Drumsticks with Chilli and Honey



In The Age recently, Adam Liaw published a recipe for roasted chicken Marylands with chilli and honey.   Sriracha plus honey on chicken - I am there!

The other appealing thing about this dish is that it was so easy to whip up.  I subbed drumsticks for Marylands, and they looked after themselves in the slow cooker (yes, sacrilege - I cooked them on low on the slow cooker for 6 hours instead of in the oven while I went out),  poured over the sauce in the last half hour of cooking, and made some stir fry veg for the side.  Easy and tasty - brilliant!

If you like a bit of zing (but not too much) in your dinner, and time is not your friend, then this dish is a great mid week family meal.

4 comments:

Kayte said...

I see you are making good use of your newly acquired sriracha! :-) This looks wonderful and I love slow cooker meals when everything is fresh and not mushed together...it's like having a chef at home cooking for you when you are out and it's all ready when you come home! This looks perfect.

Anna @ shenANNAgans said...

Love that you cooked your drummies in the slow cooker, we do this ALL the time (not big red meat eaters in our household). Excellent combination of flavours. Shall add to my list. Thanks! :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh great idea! I love simple recipes like this and we have a massive bottle of sriracha!

2paw said...

I have just discovered sriracha sauce, and how to pronounce it!! It is delicious.