Tuesday, July 10, 2018

TWD - Classic Fruit Tart



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is a classic - Classic Fruit Tart.  Who doesn't like custard topped with berries delivered on a pastry crust?


This dessert looks a million bucks but is, to quote Amazon, "easy az".  It is especially easy when you press the pastry into the tin to create the crust.  The pastry doesn't end up as thin or even as rolling it out, but it is much quicker and causes less drama. 


And this is the end result!  Who cares if the crust gets a bit thick in parts?  I just love the decadent combination of berries and fruit - so pretty, so delicious, and just right.  This is definitely one I'd make again.

To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week, visit the LYL section of the Tuesdays with Dorie website. 

9 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

We were just talking about these fruit tarts today. I love the combination of pastry, custard and fruit :D

Diane Zwang said...

I love this pastry cream recipe as the corn starch makes it flawless. This was a wonderful dessert and definitely a make again recipe.

Shirley@EverOpenSauce said...

The crust has always given me trouble until I tried adding some water. I like your concentric circular pattern.

Johanna GGG said...

beautiful - this is classic dinner party fare - I need to try and get into such desserts

Zosia said...

Yours does look like a million bucks!

Isthisakeeper said...

So beautiful! I agree...stunning and easy! :)

Kayte said...

Oh, this looks so pretty and so delicious...we are right at the peak of berry season here so this is perfect. I'd need to make a small one as I could not be trusted with a larger one camping out here and only Mark to help me eat it. Yum!

Mardi Michels said...

This is one of my favourite French desserts - yours looks great! Cannot wait to make!

Sanya said...

I loved this recipe! Your tart looks delicious x