Friday, July 27, 2018

Fondue at The Swiss Club



A couple of Friday’s ago, a group of us celebrated a girls’ night out at The Swiss Club in Melbourne. One of our group had bought a Groupon for four people for fondue, and given it is perfect weather for it (it doesn’t snow here in winter but is cold), I was definitely in!

The Swiss Club is a big room with a bar at one end and a kitchen at the other, with walls decorated with all manner of Swiss memorabilia:



We started with two entrees in addition to our fondue. The first entree we tried was the Prawn Madras:


The other entree was the Swiss anti-pasto platter of Swiss cured meats with potatoes and pickled vegetables:


Then came the star of the show that had brought us here - cheese fondue served with bread cubes, chopped vegetables and sausage pieces for dipping in the rich cheese mixture:


The fondue came with a house rule that if you dropped your bread in the fondue, you had to shout the table a round of schnapps. One of us (not me!) did this twice, so on top of a couple of glasses of red wine (one of which was included in the price of the Groupon), I downed two shots of apple schnapps.

We had a fun time eating the fondue:


It is a highly recommended experience!

Level 1, 89 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: 03 9650 1196



3 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

Sounds like a fun place to go - I don't know how I would be if I had to down two shots of schapps on top of wine :-)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Woohoo! We are having fondue tonight! So excited :D

2paw said...

Wow, I am very clumsy so I think I should give this a miss!! My friends have some old fondue sets and we have been known to indulge in a cheese fondue with beer in it and a chocolate one too. I love the second entree, it looks interesting.