Tuesday, July 17, 2018

TWD - Cast-Iron Pan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Cast-Iron Pan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. These bars comprise chocolate chips, coconut and dried apricots baked into a chewy dough in a cast iron pan.

These bars were not the prettiest thing I have baked this year, but they were tasty.  They were a surprise hit at work too, and I received a request for the recipe.  As well as being published in Dorie's Cookies, the recipe is online here

To see what everyone else baked this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website

7 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I still have yet to bake a skillet cookie! I should give it a go! :D

Johanna GGG said...

I only had skillet cookie once at a restaurant and it was really dry - good to hear there are better skillet cookies out there (it was called a skookie which amused me)

Diane Zwang said...

These are definitely a unique cookie. We loved them especially with ice cream on top. I like skookie. Here in the states we have a pan cookie called a pizookie.

Mardi Michels said...

You are TOTALLY right that they taste like Uncle Toby's Apricot Coconut Muesli Bars. Will be making these again!

2paw said...

That is such an unusual recipe, but what a success. I don’t have anything cast iron, it’s all so heavy!

Teresa said...

These were really good! I didn't make mine in a cast-iron pan, but it still turned out. Yours looks like it's got lots of caramelly brown bits.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

uncle toby's--hahaha. i remember those from my time in sydney. this was my fist skillet cookie, and probably won't be my last. :)