Friday, July 13, 2018

Sweet Cherry and Marzipan Buns


In The Guardian recently, Ruby Tandoh of GBBO fame published a recipe for Sweet Cherry Marzipan Buns.  “Cherry” and “marzipan” instantly had my attention and I wanted to make these buns.

The buns comprise a sweet bread dough that is shaped with a hollow, into which you pop a marzipan disk and cherry compote before baking. Fresh out of the oven, the buns are completed with a sweet glaze.

These buns were delish - like a cherry danish with bread instead of pastry. As Ruby says, if you have a lazy weekend afternoon to make them, then I highly recommend giving these tasty buns a go.

5 comments:

Mackay Sherry said...

They sound very delicious. I love cherry and marzipan- and ruby! Cheers sherry

Johanna GGG said...

oh for that quiet weekend to make these - they look superb

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love cherries and I quite like marzipan too! They sound delicious :D

2paw said...

Wow, they look so good. My friend’s husband was a baker of bread and pastries for The Harvest Market here and he said that putting something red (raspberry, strawberry, cherry, rhubarb etc) makes it impossible for the purchaser to resist! I need a GBBO or GABO oven with a proving drawer, it’s just so cold here, I have in the past resorted to a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel in a box.

Cakelaw said...

Hi Cindy, I have the same problem. I put my oven on low and then sit the dough on top of the stove where the heat from the oven comes up.