Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TWD - Honey Nut Brownies



This week's Tuesday with Dorie challenge is Honey Nut Brownies, chosen by Suzy of Suzy Homemaker. As Dorie said, there is just enough chocolate in these to make them brownies, and the highlight of these brownies is the honey.

These brownies were simple enough to make, but they are not one bowl, as you need to melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, while mixing up the eggs, sugar and honey in another bowl before combining everything in the mixer bowl.

I used walnuts in my brownies, and I neither frosted them nor dusted them with cocoa powder - they were good on their own. 

I enjoyed these brownies - they are cakey and moist, and are just like the ones that my Mum used to make when we were children.  Mum used to ice hers, and Dorie suggested that you could do the same with these brownies.

Thanks to Suzy for hosting us this week - she will have the recipe, or you can buy the book.  To check out what the other TWD bakers thought of these brownies, visit the LYL section for this week on the TWD website.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey in brownies sound like it would be delicious! And, I prefer brownies with no frosting as it tends to overshadow the chocolate in the brownies.

Flourchild said...

They look great...I swear I can see the sticky honey!

Kayte said...

Those look wonderful...brownies always a hit with my guys so I better get to these!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Yum! I love brownies...delicious!

Jules Someone said...

I was surprised by how much I liked these! Yours look yummy.

Judy said...

Ours disappeared before I could seriously consider frosting them.

To save a pan, I melted the butter and chocolate in my measuring cup, in the microwave. That made it simple to add to the sugar/egg mixture.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

They look great! You know I don't think I've ever had an iced brownie before!

Hindy said...

Your brownies look perfect! Next time, I'll definitely make an icing.

Jennifer said...

These brownies look delicious! I haven't made mine yet-I hope to get to that this evening!

Johanna GGG said...

these have my vote - chocolate and honey is divine

myinnerchick.com said...

OMG, I just gained 2 pounds !!!!!!!!!!!

Valerie Gamine said...

Your brownies look so dense and rich...almost makes me want to give these a second chance. :D

Pamela said...

These were just okay for us. Glad you enjoyed them! They do look tasty in your picture!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Yours turned out to have a special look. I am not sure if it is the color or what but they really look great. I rarely frost brownies. I think, they stand alone.

Nicole said...

I love baking with honey and I was excited to try these. Yours look really good! I think mine could have baked longer, but they were still fun to make.

Unknown said...

I love honey, but never thought of adding them to brownies, I bet it really gives them some fabulous depth and oodles of sweetness :)
*kisses* HH

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They look wonderful! :)

margot said...

Your brownies look wonderful! This was one I had to have a few bites of to decide if I liked them - I did, but kind of wanted more chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Your brownies look really nice! I was scared away by the honey in these, so I skipped this week.

Suzy said...

Thanks for joining in! Glad you liked them.