Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Citrus currant sunshine muffins



You may have noticed that things are very quiet around here at the moment.  That is because my ISP is incapable of providing the service that I pay for.  I have been without an Internet connection at home for 4 days now.  I am posting this from work, but there is no photo, because my work computer settings won't allow me to upload photos (although I am going to keep trying)  and have finally had success in uploading my photo - happy days!

This week's Tuesday with Dorie challenge  is Citrus Currant Sunshine Muffins, chosen by our host, Lauryn of Bella Baker.  I love the name of these muffins - it is quite magical, don't you think?  It makes even people who are currently grumpy, like me, very happy just listening to it - it's the word "sunshine".  The name of these muffins also made me think of my friend Alison's daughter's dog, a chocolate labrador called Sunshine Ballerina.  Accordingly, these muffins are for Alison, her daughter and Sunshine Ballerina.

I really love citrus in baked goods, so I enjoyed these muffins a lot.  Instead of currants, I used raisins - which in my view are better anyway, as they are plump and juicy rather than hard and nuggety.

The muffins are a doddle to make - you use one bowl, and I used bottled orange juice, so I didn't even have to juice an orange.

Thanks to Lauryn for being our host this week.  She will have the recipe on Tuesday her time, and to see what the other TWD bakers thought of these muffins, please visit the TWD blogroll.

22 comments:

jasmine said...

You aren't the only one with ISP issues--I keep stumbling over similar comments on other blogs.

It's late winter here, with skies vascillating between grey with rain and grey with snow. Sunshine muffins would be heaven sent :

j

Anonymous said...

Love the name! Sunshine :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your internet service - I'd be really grumpy!

These were great muffins with a great name!

Kayte said...

My currants aren't hard, they are little and tiny and moist, hmmmm...they taste like a raisin with big big flavor but are very small and I love how they do in things like muffins. Okay, now I have touted the lowly currant, let me just say, I'm with you on the title of these muffins...just so much fun! Hope your computer server is back in working order soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay to having a backup Internet source! Due to my recent post, I probably won't be using currants anytime soon, but on the whole, your muffins look great!

Anonymous said...

ooh - how exciting! I have to make some lunchbox muffins this weekend - and now I know which recipe I'll use.

I recently bought Ms Greenspans book, and made several things from it for Saskia's recent birthday party. I froze it all for a week, and had to substitute the peanuts (this is the way it goes at modern day kids birthday parties), but still seemed well receieved.

Sorry for clogging your comments box!

A

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh no it's awful when you don't have internet access! I hope that it all rights itself!

Lauren Hairston said...

Yummy! I'd never made anything with currants until two years ago, and now I use them all the time.

Peggy said...

I do like the name of these muffins now that you mention it! They were quite cheerful for some reason. Love yours.

Flourchild said...

These muffins are so good! Im glad you enjoyed them too!!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

i used raisins too and loved these muffins!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They look great - I know those three will love them! :)

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your internet issues, so frustrating! Whenever I dont have internet access, I start going bananas LOL.
Love the muffins, what a yummy breakfast treat!
*kisses* HH
p.s. Hope you've entered my contest daaaaahling, there is a shiny Amazon gift card to be won with your name on it :D

Nicole said...

I used bottled orange juice too, so these were super simple. I took them to work on Monday and they were a hit. My coworkers were asking for the recipe which is always a good sign.

Juliana said...

Oh! Sorry about your internet service...love the idea of citrus...and sunshine is so cute for muffins :-)

Tia said...

haha work computers are the worst for not letting you do stuff... :(
nice looking muffins!
Buttercreambarbie

steph- whisk/spoon said...

yes, i was predisposed to like these beccause of thier name! hope your connection is fixed soon. we recently went almost 2 weeks without the internet at home because our line siganl was messed up...felt so weird!

Jules Someone said...

So glad you liked these! We enjoyed them a lot. Hope the ISP thing gets fixed soon.

Bella Baker said...

ugh, computer trouble is the worst! So glad you enjoyed these and that you were able to get the post up! Thank you for baking with me!

Judy said...

I like raisins in somethings, currants in others. In the end, I added some milk chocolate bits to mine and they tasted great.

Glad your Internet is working again.

Cakelaw said...

Alison, I love it when you leave comments! I am glad you read this post when I am talking about you.

Jennifer said...

Six days with no internet. OUCH!

Your muffins look fabulous!!!!