Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday in Melbourne - Finders Keepers Market




After a grey, cold and miserable Saturday, today was absolutely gorgeous in Melbourne - sunny and warm and perfect for getting out and about. The top photo features the lane of trees leading to my apartment - you can see the lovely sunlight filtering down through the trees.

Here is an olive tree which hangs over a fence in my suburban street:



I wonder will they pick their olives?  Some have already ripened and are begging to be picked and cured.


Today, I visited the Finders Keepers Market at Docklands. They sell the most wonderful arts and crafts, and it was lucky everything was on a cash only basis, as I could have bought so much more than I did.

I bought this gorgeous 60's lady brooch from Red Revival:



I adore 60s fashions, and the colours in this brooch matched my red top perfectly.

In keeping with the red theme, I bought this rose earrings from Notions:



Perhaps the biggest bargain of the day was this purse from Only Midge - merely $5!



I bought this badge featuring the sweetest ever pair of red shoes from a stand selling all sorts of odds and ends, so I can't really say where it is from, other than that the label refers to La Marelle.net:




 I bought this fabulous Alice In Wonderland "Drink Me" ring from Meow Girl:



I have always been fascinated by Alice in Wonderland, and having a "Drink Me" ring is perfect, because it reminds me of the incredible "Drink Me" potion created by Heston Blumenthal for his Victorian Feast using flavour infused milk, pink food colouring, a gelling agent (to stop the flavours running into one another) and a special glass with a straw in the very bottom so that you can only drink the flavours from the bottom up, one at a time.

Finally, I bought this hair clip from Treeparty Design:





You can't see it that well in the photo, but it has a flower with greenery and butterflies on it.  I like the shades in it because it will go with a number of different outfits, unlike red, which only goes with a limited number of other colours.

The market visit was a fun way to spend an absolutely glorious day.

Hope your weekend has been fabulous too!

9 comments:

Conor @ Hold the Beef said...

That Alice ring is pretty damn cool.

CurlyPops said...

For some reason I can't see your pretty photos!

Kayte said...

The only photo that I could see (the others were "not accessible at this time") was the Alice ring and that was such fun! I wish I could have seen all the others, too. I will check back later and see if the pictures are available. Sounds like a great day to me.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

OMG loving the Alice ring! It's gorgeous! :o

Flourchild said...

OOO what a fun day.!! The Alice ring was the only picture I could see..the others were a red x.hmmmm.
It sounds like your weekend was fun!!

Cakelaw said...

Sorry to all - I have reposted the pictures now - I hope that you can see them!

Johanna GGG said...

cute purchases - we have some olives trees on the nature strip in our street I am not sure if the council or neighbours planted them but I suspect the latter - must see if they pick the olives

Elaine said...

Thank you for sharing your Sunday with us - it looks like you did have a glorious day! I love all the treasures you found!

Anonymous said...

What a fun shopping trip! I love that olive tree too - they're so pretty.