Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tag You're It - Mother's Day Menu

Elaine of California Living has tagged me to play a game requiring you to put together a menu of 5-10 dishes that you have previously posted on your blog for a special occasion - originally Easter, but as that has passed, for another occasion.

I have decided to put together a Mothers Day menu, as next Sunday is Mothers Day in Australia.  I have my Mum's present wrapped and ready at her place, and I am going to visit her for the big day - although it is unlikely that I'll be cooking, because my Mum is still master of her kitchen.

My Mum likes simple foods and is not particularly adventurous, so I would keep things pretty low key.  My Mothers Day menu is as follows:

For appetisers, I would serve these salmon tartlets:  






For entree, I would make a big pot of minestrone soup:




For main, I would make Nigella's Groggy Roast Chicken served with roast root vegetables:




with a side of pancetta green beans:



For dessert (because you have to have dessert!), I would serve Lemon Delicious:
with some of Dorie's homemade vanilla icecream:


I think Mum would enjoy most of this.  It's interesting that, drawing on almost 4 years of blogging, my menu comes primarily from Nigella, Jamie and Dorie - three of my favourite celebrity cooks/chefs.

Thanks to Elaine for tagging me.  I will go the same route as Yummy Chunklet and wait until next Easter to tag someone.

9 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

great mother's day menu - my mum is the same with being master of her kitchen - even my dad doesn't get a look in (as if he would want to) but she would never put her feet up and let someone else cook for her

Gloria Baker said...

All look yummy Cakelaw! gloria

Anonymous said...

That would be a fabulous meal! If your mom reads this, she just might take the day off and have you make dinner!

Anonymous said...

Great meal! I especially like the salmon dish.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What a fun event and I'm sure your mum would like that meal-who wouldn't! :D

Elaine said...

Your menu looks wonderful. Thanks for playing along!

Lauren Hairston said...

Looks fabulous! You're lucky I'm halfway around the world, or I might just show up at your house expecting to be fed!

Kathy said...

Very nice meal…The Lemon Delicious looks Delicious!! I'm sure your mom will love this meal!

Bizzy said...

I admit it is hard to select one that appeals the most but I would go for the salmon tartlet. Then, I would try the others.