Monday, May 9, 2011

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt



This week's Tuesday with Dorie is the Brown Sugar Bundt Cake, chosen by Peggy of Pantry Revisited. I had made this cake once before more than three years ago, so it was kind of surreal to be revisiting it after all the water under the bridge since then.


This time, I used pears and raisins instead of apples and prunes for the fruit. This is one delicious cake - if you make just one Dorie cake, I'd choose this one.




I have more photos, but Blogger is misbehaving, and I posted this one through Picasa. More photos will come when Blogger fixes itself.


To check out the recipe for this bundt, visit Peggy's site on Tuesday her time. And to check out some other delicious versions of this bundt, visit the LYL section of the TWD website for this week.


17 comments:

egbkid said...

That looks good :-)
Yum, I will have to go after the recipe :-)

Jules Someone said...

Looks delicious! I'm cutting into mine later today.

Anonymous said...

Great idea to sub in pears! Your cake looks tasty.

Finla said...

I love budnt cakes and this looks so so good and perfect.

Finla said...

I love budnt cakes and this looks so so good and perfect.

The Caked Crusader said...

Divine! Pear and raisin is such a gorgeous combo - it makes me think of Autumn and leaves and nights closing in!

Flourchild said...

Im trying to decide if I will make this one today or not. I think I need too after your recommendation! Plus it's snowing outside so...why...not....bake:))
It looks really good! I may add some chocolate chips to mine!

Mary said...

I didn't make this, as bundt cake is not my favourite, but now I read that it's the one Dorie cake I have to make! Help! I was really intrigued by the prunes and brown sugar, so I'll have to make a mini version of this. Just not today--I just ate my DB challenge!
:)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe it must be a brown sugar day today! :P The bundt looks marvellous! :D

Johanna GGG said...

blogger has been driving me crazy - a slice of your lovely cake would make it all better

Gloria Baker said...

Look yummy !! I love bundt cake!! love it Cakelaw! gloria

Barbara Bakes said...

That a great recommendation. Sounds like a must try.

Pamela said...

Look at that last shot of the cake and all of it's chunky goodness. Great job!

Leslie said...

Look at your gorgeous cake! Now I regret not choosing the fruit combo.

Peggy said...

What beautiful photos of a wonderful cake! Perfect cake. Wasn't this delicious? I have made it several times too and each time it is fun to add something different to the mix. I think apples would be good in it but I have used pears every time. Thanks so much for baking along with me this week! I enjoy reading your posts.

Juliana said...

Oh! Bundt cake...yours look yummie with all the pears chunk...so moist. Hope you are having a great week :-)

Anonymous said...

Now I'm sorry I didn't make it. Both of your cakes look great!