Monday, September 15, 2008

SGCC's Blogiversary Bash - Salmon Tartlets

Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy turns one on 17th September, and to celebrate, Susan, the author of SGCC, is holding a blogiversary bash and invited us all along. As soon as I saw the glass of bubbly, I knew I was coming along - I can't resist a glass of bubbly. To come to this rockin' cocktail party, you only need to bring your favourite food or drink recipe - simple.

My entry is sailing close to the deadline because I have been away on holidays for the last two weeks, but I have returned and scraped in by the bell with a twist on one of my favourite cocktail party foods - salmon blinis. Instead of blinis, I have made salmon tartlets, from a recipe in Kitchen Classics - Celebration (Murdoch Books, 2006).

These are so delicious - each consists of a pre-baked puff pastry disc topped by a tangy cream cheese spread, a strip of smoked salmon and a sprig of dill. They are also dead easy to make, yet look and taste impressive. Just purchase ready made puff pastry, cut out circles using a biscuit cutter, bake in the oven until golden, then cool.

To make the cream cheese spread, mix together 250g cream cheese, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and spread on top of the cooled puff pastry discs. Fold a strip of smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese, then top with a sprig of dill.

Happy blogiversary Susan - I hope that you enjoy these tasty little tartlets.


12 comments:

Finla said...

I love these canapes for parties, i am sure susan will love them too

Ivy said...

They are great for parties and so delicious.

Susan @ My Wholefood Family Essentials said...

They look delish! Plus they have 3 have of my favourite things - puff pastry, cream cheese and smoked salmon. I've passed on a blog award to you, you can pick it up at my site http://food-baby.blogspot.com

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Happy Cook - they are often served in blini form at cocktail parties that I have been to, and I can't resists them.

Agreed Ivy.

Thanks so much Food Baby - I am honoured.

Susan @ SGCC said...

Thank you so much for these, Cakelaw! Your little tartlets look really delicious! I know that they will be a big hit on the buffet!

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Cakelaw, so yummy recipe.They look delicious!!!I will tell you if I Make The Thousands leaves Cake I hope to do!! xxGloria

Clumbsy Cookie said...

That's truly great party food!

giz said...

You can do the appetizers for my parties ANYTIME... salmon, cream cheese, dill...I'm ready for a party.

adele said...

Simple and spectacular - just what you want in finger food. :)

Anonymous said...

These look great, cakelaw! :)

Cakelaw said...

Hi Susan, Thanks and Happy Blogiversary!

Thanks Gloria - I look forward to it.

Hi Andrea - thanks.

Hi Giz, all we need is the bubbly, then we can party hard!


So agreed Adele.

Thanks Maryann!

Rosie said...

Spectacular Cakelaw - gosh if only I could reach in and take one from that pic I'd be a happy gal ;)

Rosie x