Friday, July 31, 2015

Frank Camorra's Date and Banana Cake with Orange Icing





I adore Medjool dates - I love them so much that I used to buy them by the kilo and eat them like sweets.  I had to stop that, but I am always keen when I see a recipe using Medjool dates.
 
Frank Camorra's Date and Banana Cake with Orange Icing is replete with soft, juicy
Medjool dates.  When I saw this recipe in The Age magazine, it went straight to the front of the list to make.
 
I wasn't disappointed - it is a beautiful. moist cake, full of the goodness of bananas and dates:
 
 

 
The orange icing, although not essential, was  a beautiful way to top it off.
 
If you are looking for an afternoon tea cake with a difference, you can't go wrong with this date and banana cake. 

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Me too! I don't know why I stopped eating them like adessert because they were so gorgeous and tasty.

Kari said...

Medjool dates are eaten like sweets here too although we try to put some limits in place :P This looks lovely!C