Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Felicity Cloake's Perfect Blondies for Deborah Harry's 70th Birthday


Today is Deborah Harry's 70th birthday, so in honour of the occasion, I decided to make blondies.  There are many different recipes for blondies around, but fortuitously, Felicity Cloake of The Guardian last week published her recipe for the perfect blondies.  It seemed like it was meant to be, so I chose Felicity's recipe for my blondies.
 
These blondies are delicious - chewy, dense, textural and delicious.  They contain browned butter, toasted pecans and white chocolate chunks.  They are way too tempting - luckily I have removed them from the house by taking them to work.
 
If you are a fan of blondies or Blondie, try Felicity Cloake's recipe and give yourself something delicious for afternoon tea to accompany with a cup of steaming coffee or tea.

6 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm seeing Blondies everywhere lately! I don't know if it is in honour of Debbie Harry's birthday or not but I love her music! :D

Merryn said...

These look amazing and I have never made them. You have encouraged me and Deborah Harry is a a great inspiration for music, as well as blondies :D

Kayte said...

Deborah Harry is 70?????!!! Wow, that just stuns me right there. These blondies look really good (and you know I'm not a fan of regular brownies, so this is perfect), and what a great choice to make for the occasion! I will try these, they look wonderful and we need a portable dessert for picnic this weekend. I don't know if people will be more wowed by the blondies or the fact that Deborah Harry is 70!! Yikes. :-)

Kari said...

Yum!

Pam said...

Oh my gosh! Deborah Harry and I are the same age, over the hill for sure. I'm a big fan of hers and your blondies sound pretty great too. I'd take them over chocolate any day. Happy 4th!

TeaLady said...

70!! She's 70?? WOW!! Now I do feel old!

Good idea to make Blondies! And they look great. Have to try these.

70??