Thursday, July 9, 2015

EwE - Tomato Braised Green Beans



While Eating with Ellie this week, I chose Tomato Braised Green Beans. 

This is a really simple, tasty side dish that I have made before in a version from Karen Martini.  This one is a little different in that Ellie uses tinned tomatoes instead of tomato passata, and her version is not as spicy as Karen's.  Other ingredients are garlic, onion, dried oregano and dried basil.

Beans served this way are so tasty, although I am fond of simple, boiled green beans.

To see what the others thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Who knew I would love Green beans with tomatoes! But we did. Great pick!

Margaret @approachingfood said...

Yum, that looks delicious, I'll have to try this recipe myself! (And nice plating of the green beans with the green plate!)

Chaya said...

Beautiful plate to showcase our recipe. I passed this week but I do think it is a good choice. I have had my quota of beans for the week.

Kari said...

I'm fond of plain green beans too but this looks like a nice way to jazz them up a bit.

Kayte said...

You made it all look so pretty. :-) I wasn't sure what to do with the green beans, if I was supposed to leave them whole or cut them up a bit so I just cut them up a bit. It looks more impressive with them whole like you have them. Impressive indeed as we really liked this recipe, great choice.

Pam said...

Yum! A friend told me about the combo years ago, we love it and yours looks great!