Friday, July 3, 2015

Cheesy Passionfruit Slice



I recently bought some beautiful passionfruit from the market and did some research into how I could best use them.  I found this terrific recipe on the Coles website for Cheesy Passionfruit Slice.

This slice is kind of a refrigerator cheesecake, as it is made with a mixture of cream cheese and condensed milk.  It is very simple to make, and really highlights the slightly tart flavour of the passionfruit.

I thought this slice was sensational, and I would make it again.  It would be perfect for a summer barbecue (never mind that it is very cold here right now - I can dream).

7 comments:

Kayte said...

This looks interesting. I have never had passionfruit before, much less baked/cooked with it. Something I will see if I can find here and give it a try. I love fruit of any kind. :-) I hear you on that summer deal...one of the great parts (just one of many) of knowing you is that when I'm deep in snow you are posting lovely things about summer...it gets me through, it gets me through! :-) xo

Pam said...

I've never had passionfruit either, but your slices look really good. A refrigerator cheesecake works for me. Sounds great for a barbecue! It's chilly here now, 65 degrees, definitely way cooler than normal, and we had the heat on early this morning---it's summer!!! Take care

Johanna GGG said...

looks delicious - I love that it doesn't use oodles of cream cheese and condensed milk and passionfruit sound so yummy

Anna @ shenANNAgans said...

Mmmmm passionfruit! It is the fruit of summer for me. Glad that you are enjoying warmth and delicious fruits, its nice to escape the -7 temps and hang out in your kitchen for a few minutes. Happy weekend. :)

Gourmet Getaways said...

Oh it does sound delicious!
I could use a sweet treat and a cup of tea.
Julie
Gourmet Getaways

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Gaye, I have never baked with passionfruit either but your Cheesy Passionfruit Slice looks very delicious!
It is so hot in Europe this week, this would be a perfect little dessert these days.
Andrea

Kari said...

I like the look of this, despite not usually being drawn to cheesecakes! It would certainly be perfect for our summer weather.