Saturday, September 10, 2016

Spiced Almond and Fig Cake


Browsing through the online newspapers, I found a recipe for Spiced Almond and Fig Cake by Jordan Rondel, New Zealand's The Caker.   I love almonds and figs and spices, so this seemed like the perfect cake for me.

Here is a look at the undecorated cake - not a work of art but it smelled devine:



Interestingly, I didn't love the taste of this cake, but when I took it to work, I received a number of compliments.  Someone even said that I had outdone myself.  It just goes to show that taste is a very subjective thing.

Here is a shot of a slice of cake in profile view: 



I have now changed jobs, and the nature of my new role is such that there are likely to be less cakes here.  However, I will continue to bake when I can, including for Tuesdays with Dorie.

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

This sounds delicious! Oh what a shame, will you miss the work baking?

Johanna GGG said...

Sounds great to me! Your workplace will miss all your cakes. Good luck in your new job

Cakelaw said...

Hi Lorraine, I probably will, but I have less time and the environment is less conducive to sharing cake.

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Dear Gaye, this is another winner of a recipe - I love the combination of nuts (almonds) and figs - great fall flavors!
Wishing you the very best of luck with your new job!
Andrea