Thursday, September 15, 2016

EwE - Pasta with Sardines and Broccoli Rabe - Mama Mia! Let's Cook Italian!



Mama Mia! Let's Cook Italian!  That is the enthusiastic theme for Eating with Ellie this week, chosen by Margaret.

Ellie has lots of Italian-inspired recipes, including plenty of pasta recipes, and it is a Sicilian- style pasta recipe that I dialled up for this week.  The recipe is for Pasta with Sardines and Broccoli Rabe.  It comprises wholemeal pasta (Ellie used fusilli, I used penne), canned sardines, toasted pinenuts, raisins and crispy-fried greens.  Broccoli rabe is something that I have never seen here, but from a quick Google search, I understood that kale would be a good substitute, and that is what I used.  (Contrary to its name, broccoli rabe is not like broccoli - it is more like bitter greens.)

This pasta is super delicious - the only tweak that I would recommend for next time is using some chilli flakes to give it a bit of kick.

To see what our other Italian mamas made this week, visit the LYL section of the EwE website.

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Interesting recipe! I like the use of wholemeal pasta here too :D

TeaLady said...

This looks incredibly healthy. Except for that kale....