Thursday, September 8, 2016

EwE - Shrimp Fra Diavlo with Spinach - I'll Have The Shrimp!



For Eating with Ellie this week, Kayte chose the theme of I'll Have The Shrimp!  In Australia, "shrimp" are "prawns", and these delicious but smelly little fellas are immortalised in the idiom, "Don't come the raw prawn with me" (ie don't try to fool me). 

I chose Ellie's Shrimp Fra Diavlo (Shrimp "Brother Devil") with Spinach from So Easy, a recipe featuring pasta, shrimp and a spicy sauce, with wilted spinach added.  The pasta was supposed to be spaghetti, but I used macaroni instead because that is what I had in the pantry.

I really enjoyed this tasty dish - I made a half recipe, and ate half for dinner one night and half for lunch the next day.  This is definitely a repeat dish.

To see what everyone else had for Ellie's shrimp dishes, visit the LYL section of the Eating with Ellie website.

3 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Sounds good and all the foods I like.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love prawns or shrimp (is there a difference? I'm not sure). I like the addition of spinach with this so it becomes dinner in one dish! :D

2paw said...

Yum, that does look delicious. I like prawns, but hate cleaning them!!