Tuesday, September 13, 2016

TWD - Edouard's Chocolate Chip Cookies


Tuesday with Dorie has a "back to school" emphasis this month, as US school children go back to school after summer break.  The first recipe for this month is Edouard's Chocolate Chip Cookies.  These cookies contain nut meal (in my case, almond meal) as well as chocolate chips, which apparently is a very French thing to do.


I made a half batch of these cookies, using chocolate baking chips rather than chocolate chunks, and I ended up with around 24 decent sized cookies:



While these do not beat the Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies, they are pretty good.

It is the 100th anniversary of the birth of Roald Dahl today, so celebrate by sitting down with your favourite Roald Dahl book and have a terrific read.  Roald Dahl loved chocolate, so I am sure that he would approve of these chocolatey cookies.

To se what the others made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

11 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

Hey did you know it is also international chocolate day - roald dahl would be pleased! Or maybe not as he was an odd bod! The cookies look great and I still need to try the tahini ones - keep reminding me please :-)

Mardi Michels said...

These were good and SO easy! A keeper recipe for sure!

Kari said...

These look delicious. Good chocolate chip cookies are a great thing! All the more so if paired with a good book, of which Roald Dahl is of course a producer :-)

Margrèt Jóhanna said...

We loved these as well.

Diane Zwang said...

Roald Dahl was my son's favorite author when he was young, good times. I loved these cookies and will definitely make again.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh I loved Roald Dahl's short stories! So clever :D What a great snack to read them with :)

Nicole said...

These were so good. My husband is already begging me to make these again!

flour.ish.en said...

I love reliving the fun reading Roald Dahl book to my daughter. That would have been over the top feeding her these chocolate cookies. I didn't make cookies then. Wish I did!

Mardi Michels said...

I loved these cookies - really nice texture and flavour. Very more-ish!!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

they look great! thanks for mentioning the tahini cookies, too...i'm going to mark that recipe to try sometime myself.

2paw said...

Oh I like the sound of almond meal in the biscuits. I have promised to make some because, of course, holidays have just started here!! Yum. I always use chips and not chunks: I can't eat the chocolate anyway.