Tuesday, September 27, 2016

TWD - Apple Tarte Flambe



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Apple Tarte Flambe.  It is effectively an apple pizza. 

The crust is a yeasted bread dough, which is rolled very thinly before being par-baked.  It is then topped with a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream and yoghurt, and topped with thin apple slices.  The whole thing is then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar before being baked until crisp.

Did this taste fine?  Yes.  Do I see the point? Not really.  Sorry Alsations (the recipe is apparently from Alsace) - this is not a recipe that I will be repeating.

To see what the other Dorie bakers made this week and what their views on it were, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

8 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

This is a recipe for the autumnal north - I think this would work well with strawberries - though I am not sure what does not work for you - but I love a good dessert pizza

Cakelaw said...

Hi Johanna, it may be because I can take or leave pizza of any kind.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh what a shame but I guess that sometimes you come across things that don't really tickle your fancy!

Mardi Michels said...

Ah well if you're not a fan of pizza then you most likely wouldn't like this much. I suggest you try the savoury version at some point (I have a cheat's recipe on my site, linked in my post today!) as while I liked this, I prefer the bacon version.

Zosia said...

I really liked this but then I love pizza. Your cinnamon sugar topping looks like the perfect finishing touch.

Diane Zwang said...

Not every recipe can be a hit. If I hadn't married pizza-man I may have not made this. I had some cold the next day and I loved that too. As a side note my husband gets to go to Brisbane Australia in October. I begged him to let me tag along on his business trip but to no avail. The realities of child care was an issue. Oh well someday, Australia is on my bucket list.

Cakelaw said...

I hope your hisband enjoys his time in Brisbane. I am a Queenslander and lived in Brisbane for many years.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i liked this myself, but i also like your honesty! let's hope the next one up is more to your tastes. :)