Tuesday, June 27, 2023

TWD - Cheddar-Scallion Scones


 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Cheddar-Scallion Scones. These scones are flavoured with cheddar, scallions, mustard powder and paprika.


They are the perfect savoury scone, with plenty of zip from the spices, cheese and scallions.

I made one of my scones into a sandwich with tomato kasundi, spinach, beetroot, silverside and a fried egg. It made a delicious lunch.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section if the TWD website.


12 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Your scone made quite the lunch. We enjoyed these like a biscuit with our dinner.

Madeline said...

A breakfast sandwich is such a wonderful idea! I bet that fried egg was amazing with the scone.

Anonymous said...

Weren’t they delish! I would make them again.

Cakelaw said...

It truly was - so good.

Judy said...

Such a great idea to make a sandwich! Bet it was delicious!

flour.ish.en said...

To top off a delicious scone like this one with all the goodies is a fantastic idea. I want a sandwich just like that!

Johanna GGG said...

Yum - I love savoury scones - and you went really fancy with your scone sandwich!

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Johanna. These were delicious, and I don’t normally go for savoury scones.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I highly recommend it.

Cakelaw said...

Thanks - I loved these scones, and the scone sandwich was my favourite way to enjoy them.

Isthisakeeper said...

I think your idea of using these as a sandwich was brilliant!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

what an excellent sounding sandwich!!