Sunday, June 25, 2023

Butterscotch


 When I went to afternoon tea at my friend’s house recently, I also made butterscotch, also from a recipe in AWW Sweet:



I have made this recipe once before many moons ago. This time around, some of the butter settled out of the sweets, maybe because I didn’t mix it well enough. It meant the I had to wipe the excess butter off the finished sweets, and some were marred on the surface by butter pooling.

The butterscotch tasted ok though. My tip is to mark your squares in the sweets quite hard (otherwise you won’t be able to break it up once it sets), and as small as possible, because these are very hard sweets and need to be sucked - you don’t want an enormous suckable sweet (mine were a bit big).

I wrapped my sweets individually in baking paper to avoid sticking.

I hope you enjoy making these.

No comments: