Tuesday, July 11, 2023

TWD - Lamingtons


 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is lamingtons. I haven’t made lamingtons for a long time because, as Mardi mentioned, they are rather messy to make.

That said, I love eating lamingtons, so I was happy to make them.

I found the genoise cake base to be a but denser than the lamingtons I am used to, but still good to eat.

I ended up having to make extra icing to get all 16 lamingtons covered.

It’s National Lamington Day on 21 July, so this was a timely recipe.

To see what everyone made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.



7 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

I love Lamingtons too but please tell me that as a fellow Aussie you didn't realise there was a Lamington Day on July 21???? Yours look PERFECT!

Diane Zwang said...

They look delicious. I have not heard of this dessert before so this will be new for us.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

I usually do make a batch every year, so I'm super excited to try these!

Johanna GGG said...

Happy lamington Day - a timely post indeed! No wonder I was tempted by lamingtons in the supermarket today. I love lamingtons too but yes they are a bit faffy to make.

Cakelaw said...

🤣🤣 nup, had never heard of National Lamington Day. But thank you!!!

Cakelaw said...

I do like eating them - just not the mess making them.

Cakelaw said...

Yes, they are faffy to make - but yummy if someone else makes them!