Wednesday, May 25, 2022

WWDH - Cinnamon sugar coated maple apple cakes



For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, I made Cinnamon Sugar Coated Maple Apple Cakes from Donna’s Seasons recipe book. This book is one of her earlier books, and it is just so darn pretty - if you like cookbooks with beautiful pictures, definitely pick up a copy of this book.

These little cakes contain cinnamon, brown sugar, grated apple and maple syrup for flavour, as well as being dipped in cinnamon sugar fresh out of the oven. The cakes are made in mini bundt tins.

I made a half batch and got 12 mini bundts (1/2 cup size) plus 2 muffin sized cakes.

I had one of these fresh out of the oven - it was so good, and perfect for autumn.

To see some other Donna Hay dishes, visit Kayte and Margaret.


 

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

It is a very pretty book! When we moved it was the only Donna Hay book that I kept in the move :D

TeaLady said...

These look wonderful. I love apple cake. Cute as little bundt cakes.

Kayte said...

I would love these. I just packed my cookbooks up (keeping out a few for this next month before we move) so I'll have to mark this recipe to try later...we both would love these. Such a nice photo of them!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

those look super-good!!