Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fig, blue cheese and caramelised onion tart



When the fruit man at work gave Karen figs, he didn't do it by halves.  I think Karen must have ended up with around 25 or so very ripe figs, all of which had been entrusted to my custodianship.  My honey-almond fig tart barely scratched the surface of them.

Another recipe that I found to use up some of the figs was a Fig, Blue Cheese and Caramelised Onion Tart here.

The flavours of this tart are very strong, so it won't be to everyone's tastes.  I enjoyed the blue cheese with the figs, but found the caramelised onions a little overpowering.  However, it was a nice change, and another great idea for using fresh figs if you are fortunate enough to chance upon some.

9 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe could I also be custodian of the figs? :P Who am I kidding? No-one would trust me with a stash of fresh figs :D

Kayte said...

I am on a tart making tear this weekend...this one looks so good to me...all those flavors are favorites. Have to bookmark this one to try for sure...and it is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

This tart looks great, especially the figs! Such a great color.

Gloria Baker said...

Cake law I think yours tarts look amazing! Love your figs and cheese tart look delicious! gloria

natalia said...

Ciao!I would love some figs too!In Rome we eat them with prosciutto in pizza bianca!

The Blonde Duck said...

I don't know if I've had figs...I must remedy that!

Amanda said...

Amazing looking tart!
I have a tree still groaning with figs (and the birds stealing them!) so fig recipes are in demand at the moment!

Mary said...

This sounds amazing--I would love those flavours together. I want 25 figs too! You mentioned above how expensive bananas are for you, but figs are the pricy fruit here.

Hazel - Chicken in a Cherry Sauce said...

This looks stunning! I'm all about strong flavours so I think it would be to my taste for sure!