Monday, August 15, 2022

Orange and Hazelnut Galette


 Last week, a friend gave me some blood oranges, remembering that I had mentioned I always missed the season.

Having been gifted these beauties, I wanted to showcase them, and found this recipe for an Orange and Hazelnut Galette from UK Delicious - perfect!


The recipe features an orange flavoured galette dough topped with hazelnut frangipane and blood orange slices. The only change I made was to use Dorie Greenspan’s galette dough recipe from Baking with Dorie instead of the one in the recipe.

This galette is a delicious dessert, and a fun way to showcase blood oranges, should you be lucky enough to have them.


2 comments:

Sherry's Pickings said...

i bought some blood oranges today to do a new blog post soon. The season for them flies by!

Cakelaw said...

Yes, blink and you’ll miss it.