Sunday, August 7, 2022

Helen Goh’s Favourite Orange Cake


 This weekend, I made a cake that has been on my to do list for a while - Helen Goh's Favourite Orange Cake.  You can find the recipe online here.

The smell of this cake while baking is glorious - it contains a whole boiled orange that has been pureed, and it gives the cake a beautiful orange aroma and flavour.


On Day 1, I left the cake unadorned and ate it warm with icecream for pudding:


On Day 2, instead of using the thick buttercream icing in the recipe, I made a glaze using icing sugar, water and a couple of drops of orange essence to top the cake.

Whichever way you eat this wonderful cake, it is a perfect way to enjoy the flavour of orange in cake form, and very easy to make.  You just need a bit of time (as the orange needs to boil for an hour).


3 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

Oh yum - I love the sound of this and I would prefer your simple glaze to a thick layer of buttercream.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Johanna. It is really a delish cake, though I think I liked it even better served warm as pudding.

Sherry's Pickings said...

Mm yes sounds delicious! I love a citrus cake or citrus anything really.