Tuesday, February 8, 2022

TWD - Whip It Up Quick Cornbread



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Whip It Up Quick Cornbread from Baking with Dorie.   This cornbread is quite versatile in that the basic cornbread recipe has lots of optional mix-ins, including corn kernels, bacon, cheese and shallots. 


I didn't use any mix-ins other than sprinkling cheddar cheese on top.  I made the cornbread as individual muffin-sized  pieces, making 5 muffins from a quarter of the recipe.  So that the cornbread could be eaten by the rest of my family, I left out the peppers (black and cayenne). 
 

I think the muffins make great individual serves to have in a bread basket or similar at the meal table.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website


12 comments:

Ulrike said...

Good idea to do this as muffins. I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of "quick breads" so I added as many add ins as possible ;-)

Mardi Michels said...

I LOVE your mini sized ones (and you can bet I will be making these small too!)!

Cakelaw said...

Good idea - I would have added more but tried to cater to fussy tasters (who didn’t try it anyway).

Cakelaw said...

You are the reigning queen of minis! I look forward to seeing them.

Rosemary & Garlic said...

I like the muffins! Throw them on the griddle tomorrow and top them with jam!

Amy said...

Your muffins look delicious. So glad to see they worked as muffins. I'm making muffins as my next batch.

Kayte said...

Oh, I'm in love with these cornbread muffins...you are right, those are so easy to serve in muffin form and its always fun to have an individual portion all to yourself. Your cornbread looks really nice, I would love to have those served to me. Nice photos.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Love the way this recipe looks as muffins - always fun to have on the edge of the plate!

Diane Zwang said...

Muffins were a great way to go. They look perfectly golden.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

I'd love a cornbread muffin! I think this recipe has great texture for a muffin.

TeaLady said...

I love all the possibilities with these. Yours look perfect

TeaLady said...

I make cornbread weekly because it is B's fave type of bread for dinner. I will be making these soon. They look delicious.