Tuesday, August 9, 2016

TWD - Philadelphia Blueberry Corn Tart


For Tuesday with Dorie this week, I made the Philadelphia Blueberry Corn Tart.  Yes, it's quite a mouthful - try saying that quickly!

This tart is basically a honey-flavoured cheesecake, topped with blueberry and corn jam.  The jam is not very thick, so mine actually dyed the crust and the cut surfaces of the tart a vivid purple, and I seemed to have purple juice everywhere.




This was a very pleasant tart.  The corn adds a sweet but unusual flavour element, and the chunks of corn and blueberry in the topping add texture.

I liked the filling a lot and think it has many applications.  The topping is something that I am not sure I'd make again, even though it tasted fine.  It was just too messy and didn't really grab me enough to go another round.

To see what the other Dorie cooks baked this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the Tuesdays with Dorie website

9 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

I think it looks quite spectacular though the addition of corn kernels to the jam seems very odd albeit intriguing

Mardi Michels said...

It's so pretty! Can't wait to try this soon!

flour.ish.en said...

Very nice. Pleasant is the right way to describe this tart. I love the fresh white corn especially now when they are in season.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I always thought of corn in desserts as a really Asian thing (which I happen to really love) but this has me intrigued when it is combined with blueberry!

Pam said...

Very nice and pretty too! It sounds delicious!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

I'm looking forward to trying this one. I do bet the base would be tasty with lots of fruits...cherry sounds particularly good to me.

Diane Zwang said...

I think they must have drained the jam before taking the photo in the book. You are right this was a messy one.

Zosia said...

Your tart looks wonderful. It may be messy but that topping looks delicious.

Approaching Food said...

I'm looking forward to trying it after reading your post! I can't quite imagine the flavours but it looks great!