Thursday, August 11, 2016

EwE - Grilled Portabello "Benedict" - Eggs-actly



This week's Eating with Ellie theme is Eggs-actly, chosen by yours truly.  Yep, I was trying to be a smarty pants, but I love the theme.

I chose Grilled Portabello "Benedict" from So Easy.  If you like hollandaise sauce, move away now, because this recipe doesn't have any.  Instead of an English muffin, the base is a grilled Portabello mushroom.  Instead of a huge slice of ham, there is a slice of pan-grilled bacon.  Instead of a fried egg, there are scrambled eggs.  And instead of hollandaise sauce, there is basil pesto.

I was really pleased with how tasty this dish was - it's a winner in my books.

To see what the other Ellie cooks made for Eggs-actly, visit the LYL section of the EwE website. 

3 comments:

Pam said...

Eggs-actly perfect! It sounds and looks pretty delicious! And since I don't care for hollandaise sauce it makes it even better and I love Portabello mushrooms! And pesto, and bacon... Yum!

Kayte said...

Oh, I haven't made this one out of that book yet and I definitely should as we love all the ingredients and this would be a good one to serve for a brunch on the weekend. Yum, love the looks of yours just overflowing with goodness. I made Quiche in a Bag this week, very tasty! Great theme choice!

TeaLady said...

Great minds, Gaye. I made the same thing this week and it was good. I liked all the flavors together.