Tuesday, August 23, 2016

TWD - Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups


This month's second Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Esquimaux Pops for Grown-Ups.  These are frozen chocolate mousse iceblocks studded with chocolate chunks, and they are delicious:




They were simple to make, and I had all of the ingredients in the house.  Even better, I was able to use the Tupperware iceblock moulds that I bought at a food show on 26 August 2007 (according to the receipt in the bag) and had never used before.  It only took me 9 years, but I used them!

These pops are for "grown-ups" because they contain liqueur.  I used creme de cassis, one of Dorie's suggestions, because I happened to have it on hand.  I also bought it years ago because I saw some Kir Royale cupcakes online and was fascinated by them because I had never heard of a Kir Royale.  I am yet to make the Kir Royale cupcakes!

I made a half recipe and got 4 pops out of it.  I enjoyed them more than I thought I would - I was never a fan of chocolate icecream, but these little chocolate mousse pops are good.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

10 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Yours came out of the molds perfectly - SO good!!

Nicole said...

Yours look perfect! I couldn'the get these out for anything! Nice job!

Diane Zwang said...

Glad you were able to finally use your Tupperware pops. I did not get a chance to make these this week. They look good though.

Pam said...

Way to go, bet they taste as good as they look with all that chocolate!

Zosia said...

It came out of the mould perfectly! It sounds delicious with the creme de cassis.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe I love that you found those molds and still were able to use them! Mmm I love chocolate chunks! :D

Kari said...

Yum! These sound delicious. Glad you could finally use the moulds too :)

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looks great! and so satisfying to finally break out an unused kitchen toy, right?

Cakelaw said...

Definitely.

Karen @ From Scratch said...

I have some kitchen tools that I only use once every 10 years or so, but I sure am glad to have them when I do get around to using them! Your pops look great!