Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dan Lepard's Honey Carrot Cake



I love a good carrot cake, and it is even more fun when I find a recipe that is a little different to the usual.   So it was with Dan Lepard's honey carrot cake recipe - a deep dark cake with tahini ad grated apple, among other unusual ingredients.



I like how the cake looked fresh out of the oven, brushed with a honey glaze to make it shiny.

The cake is topped with cream cheese frosting - I used a different one to the recipe that is linked to in Dan's post, but it did the trick nicely:

 
This cake was put out at work at 8.30am and by 10am, it was all gone I think that says it all. 

6 comments:

sherry from sherrys pickings said...

yummo. this looks wonderful. i love carrot cake especially when it is really moist and covered in icing.

Johanna GGG said...

That looks so yummy - I think I need it in my life - hopefully I might get around to making it!

Kari said...

Wow, tahini in carrot cake sounds amazing. I am the same - I love carrot cake and versions that are a little but unusual carry particular appeal. Thanks for the idea!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Tahini is an interesting ingredient! I saw another blogger use it. I really must give it a go! :D

Kayte said...

Mark doesn't care for cake, I know, I know, I married him anyway, with the exception of Carrot Cake, he will happily eat that. Love Dan Lepard's recipes. I make a lot of his breads and find his recipes easy to follow with a great success rate. I have never made any of his sweet recipes, I think it's time I rectified that, don't you? This looks really delicious.

Cakelaw said...

Absolutely Kayte!