Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesdays with Donna Hay - Bacon and Roasted Tomato Omelette



There's nothing like a hearty weekend breakfast - I like to steer clear of the working week cereal and fruit on weekends, so this week's Wednesdays with Donna Hay dish of a bacon and roasted tomato omelette, chosen by Kayte, was very welcome.

Basically , this was an ordinary omlette topped with balsamic roasted cherry tomatoes (yum!), bacon, and rocket. It was very hearty and very tasty - 'nuff said.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought, go visit their websites when it is Wednesday their time.

Next week: Beef burgers

10 comments:

Wendy (pinkstripes) said...

That's my kind of weekend breakfast. Looks yummy and healthy!

yummychunklet said...

What a delicious looking omelette! Very colorful.

Chaya said...

I am just about to cook and I am glad, I peeked at yours, first. It looks delicious. Off to the kitchen.

Hotly Spiced said...

That is a delicious looking omelette. I love bacon and tomato in my omelettes.

Elaine said...

This is so pretty and colorful!

kale said...

Love Donna Hay!!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love omelettes for dinner too and this definitely deserves dinner status! :D

Jill said...

Wow, that looks delicious. I still want to make Donna Hay's puffy cheese omelet.

Daisy@Nevertoosweet said...

Definitely a great way to start the day :) yum yum yum :) So healthy too ~

Kayte said...

Gorgeous! Who would not want to sit down to this...your photo of it is stunning, truly wonderful. I know, I know...my pick and I have yet to make it, so I am happy to hear that you liked it or I would have felt even worse about it all.