Tuesday, January 9, 2024

TWD - Chunky Lemon Cornmeal Cake


 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Chunky Lemon Cornmeal Cake. It is so called because it contains chopped lemon pulp as well as lemon zest, together with cornmeal. Oh, and it contains sumac!


Yep, those specks in the cake are from sumac.

Although this cake is completely unadorned, it’s big on flavour. The cornmeal adds texture to the lemon flavoured crumb.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

8 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

This was so good!

Diane Zwang said...

Your cake came out perfect. We loved this one too, great citrus flavor.

Cakelaw said...

It was good. I don’t think the fruit segments added much flavour but the overall blend of flavours was great.

Cakelaw said...

Yes, I really liked this one, especially the next day.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

great looking texture inside and nice crust outside!

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I like the split in the crust. Wishing I had just gone with the lemon instead of the orange…it just didn’t come through well.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Loved the sumac in this but I didn't get those nice little dots like you did...maybe my sumac was more finely ground, I'll have to look for different aspects of sumac when I buy it next time. Nice photography.

Kayte said...

OOPs...that comment 1-21-24 at 5:26 was mine but I must not have commented correctly to get my name to appear...I'll try to do better next time. xo Kayte