Tuesday, November 28, 2023

TWD - Mulled-Butter Apple Pie


 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Mulled Butter Apple Pie, so called because spiced browned butter is poured over the apples before baking.


The pastry for this pie was devine - buttery, flaky, golden and melt in the mouth.


I would happily make this delicious fruity pie again (though to be honest I didn’t really taste the spices).

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.


6 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

This was SO good (but I couldn't taste the spices either...)

Kayte said...

Your pie looks so perfectly delicious and beautiful. I love how your filling turned out. We loved this one, and oddly enough, despite you and Mardi feeling otherwise, we definitely enjoyed the spices. I am wondering if it is because I made the butter mixture the night before and used it the next day and it all had a chance to sit together with the spices in it, then I warmed it just slightly before I used it the next morning. The spices were really nice for us. Your photos of your pie are wonderful.

Cakelaw said...

Wasn’t this pie delish! That crust is awesome- I will use that again.

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Kayte. That was a good idea, to let the butter steep overnight. Next time perhaps!

Anonymous said...

Your pie looks delicious! We thought this was very good as well...even though we couldn't really taste the spices much either. I feel like my normal way of adding all of that to the apples makes the taste stronger. Fun to try this way though and it definitely got eaten haha!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

I had to give this an extra sprinkle of spices bc I also thought the spicing was on the weak side. Looks great and glad you still enjoyed it!