Tuesday, December 12, 2023

TWD - Freestyle Mushroom, Herb and Ricotta Tart




 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Freestyle Mushroom, Herb and Ricotta Tart.

The base is made of a mix of plain flour and almond meal, blended with herbs, and rolled into a free form shape.

The cooked base is topped with a mixture of ricotta, yoghurt and herbs.

I can’t eat mushrooms, so for the topping, I used shredded chicken instead. I also subbed chicken stock in place of wine when cooking the topping. My herbs were basil, oregano and thyme.

I made a serve for one from a quarter of the recipe. This tart would have been nice served with a green salad, but I didn’t bother.

To see what everyone else made and their thoughts on it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.


2 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Looks good! Did yor base hold together? Looks a bit thicker (as mine was) than the recipe called for. I would make this base again but thicker and cut it into crackers!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

interesting variation!