Tuesday, May 9, 2023

TWD - Curd, Cream and Berry Cake


 This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Curd, Cream and Berry Cake. 


This rather decadent creation features a sponge cake, brushed with citrus flavoured syrup, and filled with a marscapone/meringue/whipped cream mixture, fresh berries and citrus curd.


I used some homemade blood orange curd and strawberries, blackberries and raspberries.


The number of dishes involved in making this cake was out there, but the cake was easy enough to make.


The end result tasted good, but I think it could have been filled with just whipped cream and berries and still have tasted good.

To see what everyone else made this week and their views on it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.

4 comments:

steph- whisk/spoon said...

blood orange curd-- nice touch. I agree though on the amount of it...more curd could be used (which I wound up doing), or just leave it out. this was a yummy cake.

Diane Zwang said...

Sounds like I need to enlist a dish washer for this one. I am glad you liked it. I am going to make this for Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued by this one and looking forward to trying it…but maybe not all the dishes haha. Thanks for the heads up 😍

Judy said...

Blood orange curd sounds delicious! I'm making a lemon curd today, and will make the cake over the weekend. Thanks for the heads up about all the dishes! Your finished cake looks great!