Saturday, May 6, 2023

Glazed Apple and Pecan Cake for the Coronation


Today is the Coronation of King Charles III. I am interested from a sense of history and a love of the theatre of such occasions rather than anything.
 

It is on occasion begging for a cake, so I flipped through Tea at the Palace by Carolyn Robb, former personal chef to Charles and Diana. I settled on baking a cake from the Sandringham section, the Glazed Apple and Pecan Cake. 


Carolyn describes this cake as “bursting with the flavours of autumn”. It is very autumnal here today, and I had all of the ingredients on hand, so this was the perfect cake for me.


My cake is red because I didn’t have apricot jam to glaze it with, so I used red jam instead. I think it makes the cake look like an exotic jewel, very fitting in the circumstances.


I enjoyed a slice of this cake for afternoon tea, and can say it is delicious. It is also a breeze to nake, being a “melt and mix” cake.

Will you be watching the Coronation? Are you attending a Coronation party, and if yes, what sort of party fare will you be enjoying?

1 comment:

ostwestwind said...

I don't watch the coronation, but we will have the coronation quiche for lunch. The epitome of monarchy died and so will monarchy