Tuesday, March 1, 2022

TWD - Leckerli

This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Leckerli, a type of dense cookie packed with honey, almonds (I used walnuts), citrus (I only used lemon zest) and alcohol (I used rum).

You need to be organised with these, as the dough needs to rest in the fridge for a day or two before baking.



 Leckerli are baked in a slab and glazed before cooling completely then cutting into bars.

These cookies are quite tasty although very sweet from the honey.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.


6 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Thanks for the heads up re: the rest time. They look amazing!

Cakelaw said...

Thank you!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

yours look so good to me- can’t wait to make them (even though i’ll have to wait for them to rest-haha)!

Kayte said...

Okay...these look great and I need to factor that timing in for sure so maybe I should just get those done now so I'm sure I remember. Your look really delicious, so now I'm even more excited to make them.

Diane Zwang said...

I have citrus lovers in my family so looking forward to this one.

TeaLady said...

I would eat these in a split second. I HAVE to make these.