Tuesday, January 25, 2022

TWD - Grain and Seed Muffins



This week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Grain and Seed Muffins.  These muffins contain a long list of healthy-ish ingredients and bake up into rather good savoury-sweet muffins:

Everyone suggested that these muffins were best served with butter, so that is what I did:



 I only made a quarter batch, replaced the wheat bran with more oats, and replaced the whole seeds with LSA for no reason other than that is what I had available.

These were good and I’d make them again.

To see what everyone else made this week and what they thought of it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.


10 comments:

Ulrike said...

These muffins are definitely worth a repeat. The recipe is so good, it's pretty forgiving of changes.

Kayte said...

I was going for exactly what you managed to get, those high peaks and those fissures, those are just what Dorie described in the book, and yours look great. I aspire, I'm going to have to try again to see if I can get those like you did. The flavor of these muffins is sooooo good. I didn't think I would like them as much as I do, but they were a hit here. Nice photos.

Cakelaw said...

Yes, they are good, especially fresh out of the oven.

Cakelaw said...

The flavour is what counts!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

oh LSA- I don't know if we have that here. these came out great-- I like your muffin tops!

Peggy said...

Love your substitutions! Isn't it great that we can do that, whatever works best. Your muffins look perfect as always!

Cakelaw said...

Thanks Peggy!

Cakelaw said...

Thanks - loved these.

Diane Zwang said...

Your muffins look great. We enjoyed these too.

TeaLady said...

On my list. I hate that I am so far behind already and we just started.