Monday, December 21, 2020

Gingerbread Buche de Noel




There is no Tuesday with Dorie scheduled for this week, so instead, I will share my Gingerbread Buche de Noel that I made from Baking Chez Moi for my choir’s end of year  lunch.

I  made this recipe for TWD in 2014, so it is fun to revisit it all these years later.

This is the gingerbread sponge roll pre-filling:


and being rolled up with the pecan praline-studded filling inside:


and the snowy-frosting coated, praline studded final product:


It was just as big a hit now as it was then. I only have a photo of a half slice:


However, you can see all the marvellous complexities of this dessert.

If you are keen to try it and don’t have the book, the recipe is online here.

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

This looks like it had such a lovely texture to it! :D

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oooh, this looks amazing! Perfect holiday dessert. Merry Christmas, Gaye!!

Cakelaw said...

Merry Christmas to you too Liz!