Tuesday, July 2, 2019

TWD - Triscuity Bites


This week's Tuesday with Dorie is a savoury cookie known as Triscuity Bites.  They are named after a whole wheat cracker called Triscuits.  I am not aware of any true substitute for Triscuits in Australia, so I used Vitawheat, which are wholegrain crackers - as close as I think I am going to get.

The Triscuits are crushed in a food processor and mixed with flour, butter, sugar and cream cheese, so that the finished product does taste somewhat like a cracker with cheese in one.

I didn't have any trouble with the dough, and my cookies broke apart readily along the cut lines once baked.  They also had a pleasing snap.  I quite liked the flavour, and would not be adverse to making these again.

To see what everyone else made this week and their thoughts on it, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.  

6 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

"triscuits"???? sounds odd to me but then again vita wheat might sound odd outside Australia. Your biccies sound nice. I love a nice home made savoury dry biscuit

Cakelaw said...

Yep, sounds odd to me too.

Diane Zwang said...

You are always so good with substitutions. These would be good with or without Triscuits or Vitawheat. I agree I would make them again.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I don't think I've ever had Triscuits or are they crackers that sometimes come with soup in America?

Cakelaw said...

Hi Lorraine, the crackers with soup are Saltines. Triscuits seem to look like a shredded wheat cereal rather than our idea of a cracker - says I who has never seen one in real life.

Mardi Michels said...

Tridcuits are, indeed, a bit like shreddies! And I love that you subbed Vita Weet - my FAVE Aussie crackers! I think you could sub anything here, really!