Monday, June 10, 2019

Apple Juice Cakes


A little while back, I had some leftover apple juice that I wanted to use up so as not to waste it.  I only had about a cup, so many of the recipes that I found needed more apple juice than I had.

I then happened on this Apple Juice Cake from Laura of Pies and Plots.  It uses two cups of apple juice, but I decided to halve the recipe and make 12 muffins/cupcakes instead.


It worked perfectly:


As Laura said, the texture is more like a quick bread than a light, fluffy cake, but I think that is perfect for the ingredients (apple juice, nuts and raisins).

Accordingly, next time you have some leftover apple juice in the house that you don't want to drink, why don't you give Laura's apple juice cake a go (either in its original form or as muffins, like me).

2 comments:

Johanna GGG said...

nice idea - I sometimes have juice leftover and sometimes bake with it - sounds like a nice way to use it

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

These lovely apple juice muffins are a wonderful and certainly delicious way to use that leftover apple juice!
They look perfect for breakfast too!